Taking Care Beyond provides pastoral care for missionaries around the world in the communities where they serve.
Follow the ministry of Taking Care Beyond on Facebook
Personal note from Tim and Karen Schlatter: Thank you for visiting the Taking Care Beyond website. We’ve served since 1987 in full-time ministry, the first 19 years doing Bible translation and church planting in Papua New Guinea, followed by 11 years of pastoral ministry in the US. We invite you to check out the other pages of this site to learn more about Taking Care Beyond, the current ministry we serve in. Discover how you too can be involved.
* * *
Credentials: Besides 30-plus years experience in cross-cultural and pastoral ministry, Karen and Tim hold undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in Spiritual Formation, Theology, Education, and several other disciplines. They’ve completed coursework as well in applied linguistics (SIL’s full course of study) and counseling psychology.
- Zoology/Botany – Oregon State University, 1980
- Elementary Education – University of Akron, 1982
- MA Science Education – Lewis & Clark College, 1983
- SIL Applied Linguistics – Seattle Pacific University/University of Oregon, 1987
- MA Theology – Western Seminary/Ashland Theological Seminary, 2000
- DMin Spiritual Formation in Community – Ashland Theological Seminary, 2016